Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Face is Complete!

So it's finally finished! I didn't bother to bore you all with the different stages of it, but I snapped a couple pictures of her before I did her final contouring- look at that squishy, sloped face. No definition! She looks like one of those people that look like parrots (no offense parrot-people, I love you, it's just not what I was going for this time)  I also changed her eyes and made them a little bigger. And not just because I messed up on one side and had to even it out.

Cough



She's even Oculus Approved!


    

I didn't mind her at that stage; in fact I almost decided to settle for it--but I wasn't content in that she didn't match my original plan for her, and so I pressed on. I'm extremely pleased that I didn't too, because I'm very proud of her final state! It's just what I wanted her to be! 



Sorry guys, but it's picture overload time.


  As you can see, she actually matches the jaw outline that I originally dictated! Though I decided to make her forehead smaller. 


I'm going to try to make a test plaster-cast of it this week or next. The refined plaster castings are what I'll test-string and make silicone moulds for resin with, as they are much more durable than paperclay, and I don't have to gingerly string them and then subsequently madden myself trying not to break them.

Anyway, stay tuned for work on the body!
And maybe some plaster joints, who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment